Friday, April 19, 2019

Belle, Complete

I'm so close to finishing this project! I'm done with all the cross-stitches, and am working on the outline now, and just completed the image of Belle. 


I really love the character of Belle, and I always have, because I felt like I could relate to her. She's a bookworm, a dreamer, and a little odd, not really fitting in to the quiet and predictable and "provincial" life she feels surrounded by, longing to be a part of something much bigger than herself but not knowing what that is quite yet. And for all her ideas about who she might become or where she might end up, I'm certain that she never could have imagined that she would be experiencing this moment, hand in hand and face to face with a Beast that she did not fear, but instead cared for, trusted, and loved.

Being a dreamer is hard sometimes, especially when you are a follower of Jesus. The problem isn't that we're limited and the world is too small - quite the contrary! Knowing that God is creative and awesome and has limitless resources, time, and power and that ALL things are possible with Him... and knowing that HE actually has a wonderful plan and purpose for me... is overwhelming. I tremble in silent wonder on the brink of the great unknown - the days and months and years, the steps and miles and voyages he has in store. It's all so much more than I could dream of on my own - my wildest imagination cannot touch the glory of His plan.

Over and over I see it happen to people in the Bible, and over and over again I have seen it happen in my own life: simple, quiet, unassuming characters in a poor provincial world, who just hold on to the Promise with faith and trust in the God of the universe... walking step by step into adventure and magic and thrilling hope. Oh God, you are great and do marvelous things!

Listening to: Better Than Life, by Phil Whickham 

No comments:

Post a Comment